Here we deliver a thorough analysis of the best Jeep TJ mirrors fit for all needs. We will look at the finest aftermarket mirrors for various doors and pillars. Read for an insight into the mounting and detachment of your Jeep TJ mirrors.
Your car paraphernalia should speak three words: safety, purpose, and style. Your Jeep TJ replacement mirrors are not exempt. You need a safe driving experience from car components and accessories that fit your needs and your identity. We took these and many other factors into consideration in compiling a listing of the best Jeep mirrors for the Wrangler TJ.
BEST 3 JEEP TJ MIRRORS FOR THE MONEY
BONUS JEEP TJ MIRRORS
JEEP TJ MIRRORS BRANDS
Liberrway: Liberrway are manufacturers of household appliances and automobile accessories. They have one of the best replacement mirrors for Jeep TJ.
Probasto: Little is known about the car parts makers of one of the best doors off mirrors Jeep Wrangler TJ has for off-road use. However, their products are of immense quality.
Calbeau: These Jeep storage and mirror manufacturers have built an incredible reputation and following within their short period of existence. They are indeed a brand to watch.
Proauto: Despite starting with a primary focus on car hygiene equipment, accessories, and lubricants, Proauto has become a dominant Jeep aftermarket parts maker.
Freeform: Freeform specializes in Jeep product with a self-proclaimed desire to deliver quality Jeep car accessories at budget friendly rates.
FULL REVIEW OR BEST JEEP TJ MIRRORS FOR THE MONEY
Liberrway Door Off Mirror for Jeep Wrangler TJ – Best highway jeep mirrors
Liberrways Door Off Mirrors are arguably the most versatile for Jeep Wrangler TJ. They can maintain comparatively stable performance across all terrains. On highways, these mirrors burst to life, not by being exceptional, but by merely correcting the flaws of its competition.
These Jeep Wrangler TJ door off mirrors have four key selling points.
- Appearance/ Versatility – The Liberrway mirrors look terrific and can be adapted in various ways to reflect your style.
- Stability – These mirrors do not vibrate and wobble thanks to the bracket arms made of hardened steel, locking knob, and the bracket foam piece that come with the Mirror. Hence, they stay balanced on paved roads or off-road. Once screwed tight and right, they remain in place, and you should not experience any shaking or vibration irrespective of speed.
- Wider Visibility – Besides saving you from a traffic violation, the Liberrway mirrors provide more comprehensive visibility than stock mirrors.
- Easy to install and remove – Installation does not require drilling. Once the bolt-on bracket has been installed to your Jeep TJ, these mirrors can be removed and mounted to the bolt-on bracket at any time. Simply secure the mirror to the bracket with the locking knob.
- Warranty – Should Liberrway’s mirrors fail, you have protection for two (2) years.
- Mirrors tend to stick out – The long arms of the mirrors tend to push the Mirror out a bit. This is not a functionality challenge but a user preference. The long sleeves of the mirrors are for improved vision.
- Poor customer support – Liberrway does not have the best customer support. Calls go unanswered, response times to queries can take prolonged periods.
- Rust – Signs of rusting tend to appear around the brackets within a year. However, this depends on the climate in which the mirrors are used.
- Weak mirrors – Surprisingly, every other part of the Liberrway product is durable, except the mirrors themselves. Numerous customers have complained of the glasses falling off and breaking easily. We cannot determine if these were merely defective products or that the flaw is synonymous with the Liberrway Jeep TJ mirrors. However, Liberrway sends replacement mirrors once there is a complaint.
Where do we stand?
Liberrway’s mirrors look good. Their versatility will help you stand out and give you the freedom to customize your mirrors to fit your personality or driving preference. Although all parts are durable – except the Mirror itself – you are protected from damage to your Mirror for two years. You, however, must scale through the poor customer service. Regardless of this challenge, they are the best jeep TJ doors off mirrors for highway usage.
- Ease of installation and removal
- Mirrors tend to stick out
- Poor customer support
- Weak mirrors
Rugged Ridge Mirrors – The most popular speedy mount and release mirrors for Jeep Wrangler TJ
The Rugged Ridge mirrors rank among the best Jeep TJ quick detach mirrors for use off-road. Aside from these mirrors’ effectiveness on jeeps with doors off, these side mirrors are durable and of exceptional quality. They are capable of holding firmly to your Jeep TJ irrespective of the terrain it is being run on. An enormous concern for most Jeep owners is the inconvenience of removing or attaching their doors without the stress of relocating their mirrors. That is why aftermarket jeep parts have proven an effective alternative to the original inconvenient stock mirrors found on Jeep Wrangler TJ. This is where the Rugged Ridge sustains an edge. These mirrors can be used with doors off or alternatively on your tube doors. The brand has been synonymous with quality. Rugged Ridges founder, Omix-ADA are the largest Jeep components independent maker, catering to the needs of the Jeep off-road aficionado.
Why the Rugged Ridge
- Position can easily be modified – Thanks to long arms that are easily modifiable, the Rugged Ridge mirrors are easily tweaked to enhance vision.
- Speedy mounting and detachment – Mounting and detaching these Jeep Wrangler TJ Mirrors doors off is seamless with the help a bracket and firmly held by a locking knob to ease the process of mounting and removal. However, the actual process of fixing the brackets is a slightly cumbersome process lasting anytime between 35 minutes and 2 hours.
- Ideal for Jeep TJ Mirrors with doors off– Not only are these jeep TJ side mirrors easily set-up, but they can also be used with tube doors or relocated to your preferred position.
- Alternatives – there are countless variations of this mirror options to choose from.
- Reasonable price – The Jeep Wrangler TJ mirrors can be acquired at a price that will not dent your budget.
Flaws of the Rugged Ridge Jeep Wrangler TJ Mirrors Doors Off
- Funny sound on highways – these Jeep TJ side mirrors create a funny sound on roads at speeds above 40mph. This mildly irritating sound that can be likened to a whistle is a huge turnoff. Many owners have suggested using clear silicone to seal off the area where the rubber touches the metal at the back of the Mirror. The downside of using silicon is that the mirrors can no longer be turned inwards without damaging the silicon. Despite the silicon fix, our unfiltered opinion is that the Mirror is not great for highway use.
- A bit low on a TJ – There have been a few complaints about the Rugged Ridge being low on Jeep Wrangler TJ. Although they are slightly smaller than the LJ and JK, they do not affect visibility in any way.
- Not sturdy – the mirrors tend to shake a bit on speed above 50mph, so screw them tight as a safety measure. This solution may not stop them from shaking, but it will prevent them from falling off.
- Rust – there are unverified claims of the hardware rusting after a few months.
Are the Rugged Ridge Mirrors worth it?
Rugged Ridge is built for off-road use, stably performing on all off-road terrains without the risk of falling off or turning inwards. However, doubts about the lack of sturdiness on highways, rusting, and infuriating whistling sounds that occur above 40mph discourages paved road use. They are, therefore, the best Jeep Wrangler TJ off-road mirrors.
- Ease of installation and removal
- Lifetime Guarantee
- Funny sound on highways
- A bit low on a TJ
- Not sturdy
Probasto Door Off Mirror – The best Jeep Wrangler TJ mirrors for off-road use
When shopping for mirrors that work best with your TJ doors off, remember Probasto. The bracket arms of these sturdy mirrors consist of steel to prevent rust, deliver an excellent driving experience on all terrains. Although these mirrors are beyond decent, they offer an improved view when used on Jeep TJ doors off. Once you can move beyond the challenge of finding the right mirror fit – the Rectangle, Round, and Square mirrors are compatible with the TJ – the rest is simple. These are easily the best door off mirrors for Jeep TJ when off-road use is taken into consideration.
Probasto Door Off Mirror Pros
- Excellent vision – These Door Off Jeep Mirrors deliver a broad view primarily due to the mirrors long adjustable arms. The Probasto’s vision is why it is ranked highly among the best mirrors for Jeep TJ when doors are removed.
- Stable – Unlike much of the competition, if the Probasto fits, you have a steady performer. The Mirror will not wobble despite the terrain.
- Simplified fix – Quick mount and removal are a prerequisite for any relocation mirror. Probasto’s mirrors are simple to fix using their mirror relocation kit.
- Durable – From hardened steel bracket arms to locking knobs, with mirrors coated in black satin powder, Probasto is, to an extent, durable. Do not entertain fears of early rust or abrasion of critical parts when buying this product.
- Inexpensive – These Jeep TJ mirrors doors off are very affordable and should fit into any budget.
Cons of the Probasto Doors Off Jeep Mirrors
- Whistling sound – The Probasto Mirrors whistle once you surpass 55mph. While this sound is not loud enough to be a hazard, it may be mildly annoying and distracting. However, this can be fixed through various methods such as silicone or electrical tape.
- Additional parts/ adjustments may be needed – Although most of the Probasto jeep mirror parts are durable, they lack in some areas. Many users have complained about having to seek out replacement parts or make certain adjustments, particularly with the plastic wing cap, hand screws, and brackets.
- Tends to fold in/ vibrate – These mirrors often fold in and vibrate at speeds above 60mph. This usually occurs after prolonged use.
Although we are discouraged by the flaws, we cannot help but give these Jeep TJ doorless mirrors a pass. For the price tag, Probasto does more than merely making Jeep Wrangler TJ doors off mirrors street legal. The components are uncomplicated to install, show reasonable stability without any early signs of abrasion. The Mirror’s vision is an element that helps the Probasto stand out amongst peers.
- Ease of installation and removal
- Whistling sound
- Additional parts/ adjustments may be needed
- Tends to fold in/ vibrate
CALBEAU Jeep Mirrors – The Best Mirror for Jeep Wrangler TJ models for pre-1997 models
Is visibility the primary concern when driving your Wrangler TJ? If yes, then Calbeau Jeep mirrors are for you. These are 4×4 7.7-inch tempered mirrors that give broader visibility, reducing blind spots and allowing you to see smaller automobiles behind you. Calbeau is well-suited with the Jeep Wrangler TJ pre-1997. We particularly recommend them for use on the Jeep Wrangler TJ 1994 and 1987. They are excellent for off-road use.
Why Calbeau Jeep Mirrors
- Easy to set-up – Once mounted on a bolt bracket and secured by means of a locking knob, the Mirror holds firm. There is no need to reassemble and detach components whenever you need to have your doors mounted. All that needs to be done is to loosen the nut.
- Excellent viewing range – A large 7×7″ mirror aids visibility while driving. This is aided by Omni-directional joint bolts to help tweak viewing angles where necessary.
- Budget-friendly – this Jeep Wrangler TJ mirror is reasonably priced.
- Reduction in noise – Calbeau’s mirrors are deliberately crafted, aimed at functionality with less attention to aesthetics. This design also helps reduce the loud whistles pervasive among other brands.
- Stability – The additional poles added to the Mirror keeps the mirror stable, absorbing shocks from driving on any terrain. The Mirror does not shake or bend easily. Other helpful accessories are the nylon nuts and rubber washers that decrease throb and increase firmness.
- Durable – This Mirror is iron spray-coated for corrosion and to prevent rust.
- Excellent Customer care – there is the added benefit of excellent customer care to help resolve any challenges in the installation and use of the product.
Negatives of the Calbeau Jeep Mirrors
- Vibrate – The mirrors may vibrate mildly on specific Jeep TJ models.
- Replacement parts/Additional hardware may be needed – Additional parts may be required such as washers and a wrench to improve the effectiveness of these mirrors,
- Tends to lose focus – these mirrors tend to move out of focus when driven at high speeds of 70mph and above.
Is Calbeau Jeep Mirrors worth it?
Calbeau’s primary focus in making these mirrors is the Wrangler TJ pre-1997. Besides the possibility of purchasing additional hardware, none of the flaws we have uncovered apply to the 1987 model. Without a doubt, these are the best Jeep Wrangler TJ 1987 mirrors in the market. Albeit a few flaws, they also do well on older Jeep TJs. Including a price tag that can fit any budget, these Jeep Mirrors TJ, is undoubtedly worth it.
- Handles the most extreme conditions around
- Is perfect for maximum load issues
- Has stellar additives to help you engine last longer
- Replacement parts/Additional hardware may be needed
- Tends to lose focus
FreeForm Easy Install Jeep TJ Mirrors – Best quick install mirror for ALL Jeep Wrangler TJs
Often the first question posed when shopping for an aftermarket Jeep mirror is “will it fit?” With FreeForm’s Jeep Wrangler TJ mirrors, that query is irrelevant. FreeForm’s mirrors are suitable for virtually every Jeep Wrangler TJ to date. While this fact is agreed upon by all gear critics, unfortunately, all other selling points of this jeep mirror are subjective.
Benefits of FreeForm Jeep Wrangler TJ Mirrors
- One size for all – Few factors are greater than buying a mirror without fears of having a product that does not meet your Jeep TJ. These mirrors fit in all Jeep Wrangler TJ irrespective of the year. This unique attribute is the reason why these are considered among the best jeep tj replacement mirrors.
- Adjustable – the Omni-directional joint bolt aids easy variation of view angle.
- Warranty – FreeForm offers a six months warranty on defective parts purchased.
- Large viewing – with a 7.7-inch mirror, visibility is not a challenge.
- Easy to install – A single nut installs these mirrors on all Jeep Wrangler TJs. There is no need to reassemble or dismantle components as found in all other alternatives on this list.
Problems with the FreeForm Mirror
- Unstable – Even after careful installation, these Mirror does not sit well on some model years, shifting positions when on high speeds. Mirror instability poses a severe risk to the driver, whose vision is suddenly altered.
- Incomplete parts – there are frequent complaints of products coming with missing parts such as screws. However, FreeForm easily replaces missing parts once a claim is made.
FreeForm mirrors are easily the safest pick where compatibility is in doubt. They are easy to view, install, and protect the buyer for six months after purchase. Issues arising from incomplete parts can be resolved by contacting their Sales/ Customer care departments. However, the installation has proven to be tricky and is why they tend to wobble, whistle, vibrate, and shift position. This puts the driver in a precarious position. Therefore, it is necessary to ensure that the bolt is competently installed and that it holds tight onto your Jeep Wrangler TJ.
- Ease of installation
- Fits all TJs
- Incomplete parts
OTHER NOTABLE ALTERNATIVES JEEP TJ MIRRORS
1. Proauto Jeep Wrangler TJ 1997 – 2006 safari door Mirrors
Proauto touts themselves as one of the best aftermarket side mirrors Jeep TJ has for Jeep Wrangler TJs 1996-2006. With an incredible field of vision with 7.7-inches, these mirrors provide an excellent driving view, and would ordinarily be incredible on TJs, if they fit. They do not. The bolts are too big for the TJ and only work well with Safari doors. Although they do not shake while speeding on the freeway and or driving off-road, we do not recommend these mirrors for the Jeep Wrangler TJ doors off. Should you install them doorless, the huge bolts will mar your paint, make it challenging to adjust mirrors, and your driving experience a living hell. Unless you plan to use them on Safari doors, stay away.
2. Mictuning Side Mirror
Mictuning side mirrors have one of the largest side mirrors compatible with the Jeep Wrangler. Measuring 8.5 inches, these mirrors provide one the best views. They are also sturdy with the mirrors supported by two poles. Despite this, the low positioning of these mirrors does not make them a prime choice for the Jeep Wrangler TJ. Their greatest drawback is their lack of compatibility with most models of the Jeep Wrangler TJ working best with the Jeep TJ 2000.
AFTERMARKET JEEP WRANGLER TJ INSTALLATION GUIDE
Stage 1: Detach doors or stock mirrorsThe first action is to detach the Jeep Wrangler TJ doors or remove the stock mirrors from the doors
Stage 2: Get rid of the windshield bracket boltsGet rid of the two bolts located on the A-Pillar in the Windshield Bracket. Carry out this task using the hardware included in the mirror kit.
Stage 3: Mounting Driver Mirror BracketThis stage involves the mounting of the mirror bracket on the driver’s side. It involves three key steps as follows:
- Take out and put aside the thumbscrew and sleeve from the mirror bracket. As explained by Eric Miller, a Jeep enthusiast on ExtremeTerrain.com:
- Utilize the appropriate hardware provided by the kit to mount the mirror bracket. Install the lower area with the welded nut.
- Screw in the bolts.
Stage 4: Mounting the Passenger Mirror BracketRepeat the abovementioned steps in Stage 3 (a)-(c) when installing the passenger side mirror bracket. Step 3a is crucial to limit the extent of wobbling, vibration, whistling, or prevent the Mirror from folding in.
Stage 5: Coupling the mirrors
- The Rugged Ridge Mirror Arm has a hole at the base for the insertion of a bolt. Affix the Mirror to the side that has the largest flat surface. This is done with the aid of the M8 nut provided by the kit. Installation should be carried out in the following manner: M8 nut, lock nut, washer, arm, and Mirror.
- Next, firmly screw in the assemblage down into the bracket without over-tightening.
- While alternating backwards and forwards, slowly slide the bushing onto the arm.
- Apply the above procedure listed in (a)-(d) to install the second Mirror.
Stage 6: Aligning the mirror bushing (driver and passenger sides)
The following phases (with slight adjustments) will help in aligning the mirror bushing in the driver and passenger sides:
- Note the position of the four drilled out bushing holes.
- While utilizing your right hand to grab the passenger side rotate the Mirror and arm to an angle in which it can be considered usable.
- Once the mirrors are in the position described in (b) above, rotate the bushing alone. Stop when the flat area of the bushing lies against your palm.
- Once in the flat area of the bushing are as described in (c) rotate the bushing to the nearest pair of holes on the arm.
- Replicate the procedure when aligning the passenger side mirror. The only difference is that this time you will hold the arm of the passenger-side Mirror with your left hand.
Stage 7: Mounting the arms
Mount the arms into the Jeep Wrangler TJ’s brackets at your preferred angle before tightening the assembly with the thumbscrew. Ensure that the assembly has a firm hold on the brackets.
Stage 8: Aligning the Mirror
This step applies to both mirrors. Align and rotate the mirror to suit your needs. Then screw tight the three screws at the back of the mirror to prevent the mirror from shaking. Take care to tighten the screws exactly right without going overboard.
Enjoy your driving experience.
NOTE: Some mirrors such as the FreeForm are a lot easier to install. Not all would take 30 minutes to 2 hours to complete.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT JEEP TJ MIRRORS
What is the correct torque required to remove and mount the rugged ridge bracket?
What many do not realize that all of the best doors off mirrors for Jeep TJ mount to very important torqued bolts that were torqued and thread locked at the factory. These windshield bolts generally need a tap and die to have them cleared. The simplest way to find out the required torque spec is to google TJ torque specs to discover all interior and exterior torque specs.
I have a major concern. No matter what I do my 2-year-old Rugged Ridge drivers’ side mirror does not sit when driving. It is a bit of an inconvenience and I am forced to ignore my driver side mirrors altogether and only use the passenger side and rear-view mirrors when driving.
This is a common concern faced when purchasing aftermarket mirrors. RR is no exception. Once your side mirrors have been in position for such a length of time, they tend to wear out from the mount brackets. Usually, the recommended solution is to get a new mount, but you must be certain that the slack is not from the mirror itself. Check your mount for firmness. If it does not wiggle or slack, then simply replace your mirrors.
How compatible are the Rugged Ridge 11025.10 Mirrors with 2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ? I have read very conflicting reports on the internet.
They work perfectly. Due to the various trims of the Jeep Wrangler that the Rugged Ridge is compatible with, there is a tendency to mix up models. For clarity, the Rugged Ridge 11025.10 works perfectly with 2004-2006 Wrangler LJ Unlimited, 1997-2006 TJ Wrangler, 2007-2014 Wrangler JK. The mounting points are slightly higher on the various models with the TJ/LJ Wranglers maintaining lower mounting points. So barring, the Rugged Ridge flaws we outlined here, you should be fine.
It just hit me that my Jeep TJ passenger side mirror only moves horizontally while my driver side mirror moves horizontally and vertically. Is this something common with Jeep TJ mirrors?
Short answer, no. Have your passenger side mirror checked. The possible causes of this malady ranges from faulty stops to rusted bolts or nuts.
What are the best pillar mirrors for 2004 Jeep TJ
The 2004 Jeep TJ is compatible with all the mirrors listed here. The questions you need to answer are: What is your budget? What do you want from your mirrors? What would you rather avoid? Although the Rugged Ridge is among the best pillar mirrors for the 2004 Jeep TJ, we would advise that you stay clear of these if loud whistling sounds are irritating to you. If you are unsure of compatibility issues, the FreeForm works with all Wrangler TJs and would be an excellent choice for your model year.
I am looking to get replacement mirrors, and as such, I am seeking an insight into the best Jeep TJ mirrors for Bestop soft doors.
The Jeep TJ mirrors for Bestop soft doors are Bestop 5126101 HighRock 4×4 Replacement Mirror. This mirror set is compatible with all Jeep Wrangler TJ models from 1988 – 2006. These sturdy mirrors will stay in place irrespective of the terrain.
When buying a replacement part for your automobile, we recommend that you know what you want out of your mirrors. We have included a failsafe option in case you are unsure of what works best – FreeForm mirrors. Irrespective of your choice, it is preferable to seek products that carry an adequate warranty. Your comments are welcome.